Effective Date: February 15, 2020
At Let’s Sweet Talk (“Let’s Sweet Talk,” “Us,” “We,” or “Our”), we value your privacy just as much as we value our own. This Privacy Notice was created to inform you about how we use and handle your information on our website and other software connected to our website (each “Digital Service”). This includes the Let’s Sweet Talk desktop and mobile-optimized website as well as our newsletters.
Customarily, we collect Personal Data directly from you. This can be through email, through online forms or other functionality of our website that allows you to submit information to us. The Personal Data that we collect includes:
- Contact information (such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and postal code).
- Purchase, use, and subscription history for all of our Services, including newsletters, product and service offerings, and website.
- Demographic information (such as age and gender).
- Personal or professional interests (such as your job and reading interest).
- Use and opinions about our Services.
- Job applicant data (such as name, email, resume, social media profiles (e.g., LinkedIn), cover letter, and any other information you upload as part of your application)
- Article submission data (such as name, phone number, email address, social media profiles (e.g., Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, and submitted articles).
- Data gathered by technology when you visit our Site (“Cookies” and other technologies).
- Geolocation information associated with your device using your IP address when location services are active. You may at any time opt-out of sharing your geolocation by changing the settings on your device(s).
How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for our legitimate interests or as otherwise set out in this Privacy Statement.
How your information will be used:
- to analyze and conduct research of user data and user interaction with the Website and to gain insights that help us to make improvements to the design and performance of the Website;
- to customize your experience with our Services, including by way of personalized marketing and promotional offerings that inform you about our current and future products, articles and newsletters,
- to send notices in order to inform you about important changes in our contractual relationship,
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; for example, if you enter contests or sweepstakes, we may use your email to notify that you won or if you purchase products through our Website storefront, to process payment (including credit card information) and shipping details;
- to consider your employment application – which may also include processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your Personal Data with our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, parent company and other companies with which we share common ownership, for the purposes described above. We may also share your Personal Data:
- with employed third-party marketing companies to enhance our outreach to you,
- If you choose to submit content on our websites (e.g., online reviews and feedback), we may publicly display your name, screen name and other information you have provided to us that personally identifies you in relation to your submission,
- to comply with valid requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; to protect and defend Let’s Sweet Talk’s rights or property; or to enforce our licenses or services agreement(s).
Cookies and Interest Based Advertisement
Our goal is to make advertising relevant to you. Accordingly, we customize the advertisements that you see based upon: (i) geographic location information, which we may determine through your IP address or other ways; (ii) data we receive from third parties and/or; (iii) your visits on the Website or use of other services . We may use your personal information to deliver customized advertising to you on this Website and other websites. We also use to provide you with a seamless website experience. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore the website within a single session or from session to session. They also assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
Your Choice To Opt–Out
You can unsubscribe from Let’s Sweet Talk’s newsletters or commercial emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any Let’s Sweet Talk webpage or email and following the instructions. We will remove your name from our distribution lists upon request in accordance with applicable law.
How We Store And Secure Your Information
We will keep your Personal Data as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which Personal Data is collected as stated herein; for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, if any; and to comply with legal and statutory obligations, such as in tax, trade and corporate laws. When we no longer need your Personal Data for our purposes, we will destroy, delete or erase that Personal Data or convert it into an anonymous form.
Our security measures include safeguarding and monitoring networks and controlling access to our files, equipment and buildings. While we will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data in our possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, no system is completely secure and therefore, we cannot assure you that the Personal Data we collect will never be used or disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Statement.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Websites and Partners
Children's Privacy And Use
Unless we have specifically indicated otherwise on a particular website or mobile application, we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of eighteen (18), nor have we designed our Services for or directed our Services at children under the age of sixteen (18). By using our Services, you represent that you are age sixteen (18) or over. If you are a child under sixteen (18) years of age, you are not permitted to use our Services and should not send any Personal Data about yourself to us through our websites or mobile applications.
Information Processed Internationally
California Privacy Rights: Residents of California
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed personal information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
If you wish to opt-out of this disclosure of your Personal Data or if you would like additional information on your opt-out rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Contact Information provided below.
EAU Privacy Rights
If you are visiting our Services from the EU or where applicable EU data protection laws so provide, you may also exercise the following rights regarding your Personal Data:
- You have the right to obtain from us confirmation if your Personal Data is being processed and certain information in this regard.
- You have the right the request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data and to have incomplete data completed.
- You have the right, when we process Personal Data on the grounds of legitimate interests, to object to the processing of your Personal Data for compelling and legitimate reasons relating to your particular situation, except in cases where legal provisions expressly provide for that processing. In addition, you have the right to object at any time where your Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You may receive your Personal Data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit them to other data controllers without hindrance. This right only exists if the processing is based on your consent or a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- You may request to restrict processing of your Personal Data if (i) you contest the accuracy of it – for a period we need to verify your request; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of it and request restriction instead; (iii) we no longer need it, but you tell us you need it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to processing based on public or legitimate interest – for a period we need to verify your request.
- You may request to erase your Personal Data if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, you have withdrawn your consent and no other legal ground for the processing exists, you objected and no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing exist, the processing is unlawful, or erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation.
Right to lodge a complaint
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your residence, or the location where the issue that is the subject of the complaint occurred.
Right to refuse or withdraw consent
- Please note that in case we ask for your consent to certain processing, you are free to refuse to give consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time without any adverse negative consequences. The lawfulness of any processing of your Personal Data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected.
If you have questions about exercising any of those rights or their applicability to any of our particular processing activities or have questions about any data transfer mechanism or want a copy thereof, you may contact us at email@example.com or at the address provided in our Contact Information below.
Unless otherwise stated, Essence is a data controller for purpose of the information it collects and processes in accordance with this Statement. If you have any questions about this Statement or if you believe that your Personal Data has been processed or disclosed in violation of this Statement, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a letter:
Let’s Sweet Talk
4023 Big Sage Drive
Atlanta, Ga 30342